When a domain is expired or cancelled the DNS information (website and email) will no longer function. Once you recover and renew your domain, depending on the TLD and DNS information the propagation time will vary. For example, if your domain is .CA the propagation time may only take approximately 1-2 hours, however, for most other domains the propagation time can take anywhere from 24-48 hours. Once the domain's DNS propagates your website and email should work as normal.
Articles in this section
- How do I renew my domain?
- How do I recover an expired domain?
- What happens to my domain if it expires?
- How long until my website/email starts working again after I recover an expired domain?
- What is the Redemption Grace Period (RGP)? How do I recover my domain if it is in RGP status?
- How do I cancel a domain? When will it delete?