If your SSL certificate expires, your website and email services will still continue to function, however, any visitors to your website may receive a warning message that your security has expired and that they should proceed to your website with caution. In addition to reducing traffic, this can reduce confidence in your visitors and make them more reluctant to engage in your services or purchase your product. For this reason, it is highly recommended that you renew your SSL certificate(s).
Articles in this section
- How to purchase and install an SSL Certificate (Clustered Hosting packages)?
- What is SSL and what is it used for?
- What is needed for an SSL certificate?
- What happens if my SSL certificate expires?
- Which email addresses can I use for SSL validation?
- Who provides your SSL certificates?
- Why can't I purchase my SSL for more than two years?
- Why do I need to provide organizational details for some SSL certificates?
- What happens to my SSL if I change my domain or organization information?